Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekend Recovery

There were so many things I should have done this weekend. More of the house needed to be cleaned. The winter decorations in the bathroom needed to be taken down (though, Mother Nature made them seem not SOOO out of place). We need some basic groceries in the house (got milk?). Car needs inspected. Work could have been made up. All of these things could have made up my Friday Plans/To-Do list.

Instead, I recovered. I haven't posted the entire weeklong saga of B and the pulmonary embolism and the prolonged hospital stay. It's half typed out, just waiting to be finished. Maybe I'll do that later today. But, bottom line was, after the week and half we had, I, we, needed to recover.

I slept in both days (when did 9:00 am become "sleeping in"? must be that aging thing)--even the pups didn't feel the need to get up early, which is very unusual for them. Sleeping in, I think, I was the biggest thing for me. I was exhausted--mentally, physically, emotionally. I needed some long, uninterrupted, restful sleep.

Before I continue, I here are pictures of the babies from this weekend. They are very upset that they have only made blog appearances once before.








Dash                    


Raspy







I did some shopping. Bought myself a shiney new 20" monitor (that would be a computer monitor, Scott--hehe) that not only makes personal use of the home computer so much better than the old, clunky monitor, but will also make working from home soooo much easier. Also went shopping for our goddaughter's 6th birthday. Emmy's daddy said she is into play makeup and dolls. I sooo wanted to get her some play makeup because loved that stuff when I was her age. [Tangent:  When I was about  her age, maybe a little older, I love makeup and playing with hair. At that age, I was still an only child when with my mom and stepdad, so not always someone around to play with. So, my stepdad, God bless him, let me play with his hair. Now, I NEVER put makeup on him, but he did let me brush his hair and put hair clips in his hair. Thinking back, I am not sure how the heck I got away with that!] Back to Emmy. So, I went to Target in search of play makeup. None to be found. So, I got her a really cute doll that looks just a little like her.

Saturday, we went to Emmy's birthday party and to eat with Scotty P. again. Emmy's party was so much fun. We hadn't seen her in awhile, so that was great. B also got to catch up with some old friends. And by old friends, I mean, these guys have know each other since birth--almost literally in some of the cases.







Adam, B, Scott, Ben, Ritchie


Ritchie is B's oldest friend in the world--quite literally. Ritchie is exactly 9 months to the day older than B. They grew up across the street together and 37 years later are still great friends. Adam is Ritchie's younger brother, so B's known Adam his whole life. Ben is another neighborhood friend. Scotty P., as previously, mentioned is the best friend. He and B met back when they worked at Oshman's 15 years ago. Scotty was quickly just one of the guys.

Anyway, it was so much fun for the guys to see each other and catch up after all these years. Of course, we see and talk to Scott practically everyday and we see Ritchie on a regular basis too. But, Adam, we only get to see a few times a year, so it was great to finally meet his wife and his kiddos. Ben actually came up to the hospital to see B, but B was so out of it, he barely even remembered! And it was so much fun watching Emmy open presents and play with her cousins and friends. I am SO glad we were able to go to the party.








Emmy trying on a new outfit from Grandma. Isn't she the cutest?









Emmy playing with her Daddy.

Today is Sunday and my Sunday is usually very packed with grocery shopping and laundry and ironing and just getting ready for the week. So far, I have slept in, put ribs in the slow cooker for dinner, watched a movie with B, and not much else. I will do some ironing because I HATE doing that on weeknights and I should at least go buy some milk--it just feels weird to have no milk in the house.

But, I really think this the way I needed to spend this weekend. I needed the rest and I needed to spend some real time with my husband. I think I will be a much better person for it later this week!

Happy Sunday!
A

No comments: